Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

End of Fall 2012

I am grading my last set of papers to return to my students for the last day of class.  They will create a portfolio of their work and write me a letter about their writing process for tomorrow-The Final Exam!  I will miss my students this has been a fantastic trip.  I've enjoyed every moment with this group.  They arranged a party for the final; I am bring my vegan fried rice, which means I have to get up at 3:30 am to make the rice let it cool, shower, pack, and hit the road.   

I am surprised that I have not had any email questions.  The second drafts of their persuasive papers were outstanding.  Some of the students' writing skills grew like tall strong trees.  I am so happy.  I truly feel that each one of my students are able to handle the next level of English.  I feel that each one of them will do well in their classes because they have learned to annotate their texts; relate, reflect, & respond (oh, snap--I just reinvented the 3R--Yoooooo) to texts; and to allow the creation of content without self-editor.  Yes, these are the things that I see in their work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment