Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Behold the Abdudance that Surrounds: Day 1

Today is the first day of the Chopra 21 day meditation challenge.  I checked my email to see the information that he has for all of those who are participating.   He gave us two thoughts for the day:
1.  "Today, I behold all the abundance that surrounds me."
2.  The mantra:  So Hum (Sanskrit); I am (English).

I've been up for about an hour.  I reminded myself of the plan,which is no booze, no TV, and no coffee.  I will eat a high raw vegan diet on this meditation challenge.  So far, I made myself some coffee.  I haven't drank it yet, but I plan to indulge. I am reminding myself that it is a practice not perfection.  The goal is to be free of the chemicals.  right now, this is my "I am"

After I meditate, I will come back and let you know how it is going.    

It's 11:59 am.  I made it through the morning without the television.  I played on the computer and practiced my music. When I looked at my email, a youtuber sent me a message about caffeine and artificial stimulants.  That must be a sign from the heavens above that it is time to let the drugs go.  yes, caffeine is a drug if you did not know that.   

It's 1:38pm, and I got the first meditation in.  I don't know how long it was because I did not time, but I hazard a guess at about 15 minutes.  My mind was racing.  I brought my attention back to my breathing--the up and down movements of my tummy. 

I had a slight sexual fantasy, but I guess that is good.  My root chakra is weak, so it must have gotten activated whilst I was meditating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment