Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Living Unity: Day 18

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I called my mother up the first thing this morning to tell her how thankful I am that she is in my life.  Yeah!  I love my family!

For my brother, I created a delicious and mostly vegan meal.  He ate meat (chicken & macaroni).  All the sides were plant-based and animal free.  I should up load some of the photos tonight. I thin I will do that.

My mother came over with meat and a banana pudding for my brother.  She dropped it on the stairs.  She cried a little on the stairs.  I was about to start my meditation.  So, the sound of her cry really scared me.  My heart jumped, and began to pump in over time.  I quickly pulled the ear-bugs out of my ears, and I ran to the door.  I opened it.  There stood my Mom with her lips turned down and a squashed pound cake tin in her hand. The tin was filled with a rich yellowish custard, bananas, and vanilla wafers.  I recognized it immediately.  One of my childhood favorites. 

"I cannot do the stairs with my leg.  Take it," Ma sighed.  I took the squashed tin from her hand.  "Throw it in the garbage can.  I was trying to bring your brother some pie and meat."  She turns and walks down the stairs.  My brother goes after her.

So what was the pie about?
Ma was upset because my niece, Charrlie, did not come over for Thanksgiving after she confirmed she would come.  Ma was upset because she cooked this meal for Charrlie.

Chopra Sent the following for us to focus today:

1. Centering Thought:  I celebrate my unity with all life, knowing we are all one.
2. Manta:  Tat Tvam Asi (Sanskrit)=I see the other in myself and myself in the other.

How do I define Unity?

I define unity as one.  it is a coming together of two or more things into a one.  My definition of unity can be extended; it is also community and collaborative.  Unit can be the effort of many focused towards one objective.  But, I come back to one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment