Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Living Gratefully: Day 16

I was thinking about gratitude this morning.  Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away.
Chopra sent the this information for us to contemplate for the day and the meditation:
1. Centering thought: "Today, I remember to be grateful."

2. Mantra: Om Vardhanam Namah (Sanskrit)= I nourish the universe, and the universe nourishes me (English).

Here are my responses to the questions after the meditation today.  See if you can guess what the questions are from my answers. 

In my life I am most grateful for my family (I include my friends and animals in family). I am grateful for my mother who takes care of me when I cannot take care of myself.  I am grateful for my education.  I am grateful  for the time I have to do this 21 day meditation challenge.  I am grateful that I have a place to live.  I am grateful for my job, which allows me the opportunity to do what I love teach writing.     


Question 2:

My answer:  When I am in a state of gratitude, I feel joy.  I feel security.  I feel love. 
The Meditation:

At the beginning of the meditation I opened my eyes twice.    I focused on the mantra, and found myself relaxing deeper and deeper.  I concentrated my breathing in and out.  I went back to mantra and stayed with it until the bell.  I had a deeper meditation after I got over the initial fear.  When I feel overwhelmed, I open my eyes.  During this session, I just stuck with it.        

No comments:

Post a Comment