Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Bonus--Happiness and Humanity: Day 22

I could not believe it when I check my email this morning and saw an extra bonus meditation. 


To the healing of the world today, I can contribute and open heart.  I remind myself to greet each person with love rather than fear. 

The meditation:
I was not focused for this meditation because it came so unexpectedly.  I meant to meditate today, but I was thrilled to see the additional guided meditation in my inbox this morning.  All day today has been a meditation in healing the world.
It was difficult for me to stay focused.  I kept thinking about: my students; the materials they need to be successful; grading their papers; how I can create my own critical-reading bookmark.  Then I finally brought myself to the mantra, "So Hum."  I breathed in the "So" and exhaled the "Hum."  I noticed the rise and fall of my belly.  I noticed how the mantra took on a musical quality.
My mind went back to my students, and the materials they need.  Finally, I quieted down again, and went back to the mantra.  The bell rang.

No comments:

Post a Comment