Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Abundance and the Law of Dharma: Day 14

Chopra email the following for today's meditation:
1. Centering Thought:  "There is a way I can fulfill my true purpose in life."
2. Mantra:   Om Varunam Namah (Sanskrit)=My life is in harmony with cosmic law (English).

The question after the guided Chopra mediation asks, " How do you experiences joy in your present work?"  My response:
I experience joy when I wake up in the morning to go to work.  I am happy to go to work.  It is my dream to teach English at a community college.  I love being with my students talking about writing, talking about their papers, and talking about life.  I love when we get deep in conversation. 
It is joyful to hear students speaking to each other about their papers.  It is joyful when I see some one's eyes glimmer because they learned something new or figured something out.  It is joyful to be the person facilitating a person's growth as a writer.   


I can move closer to joyfully living my dharma by focusing my intention on writing.  I can put all of my energy into writing.  I can write about writing.  I can teach more.  I can collect data about writing.  I can survey my students to find ways to communicate my message of  mental liberation through writing.  I can read more books.  I can get more training teaching writing.  I can go to workshops.  I can pursue a PhD in rhetoric and composition.  To move closer to joyfully living my dharma I can love and accept writing.

During the Meditation:
I was not focused at all today.  i opened my eyes twice.  I lost he mantra, and I allowed my mind to wander; both times that happened I opened my eyes.
I feel like I have found my purpose.  I feel like I just have to live it more.  Maybe that is why I was so resistant to meditation today.  I was up around 6:00am and I waited until now almost 7:00pm to do the meditation.  I just did not want to meditate today. 
But, I am glad that I did.  I am staying the course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment