Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wonderful Day

I opened a young Thai coconut, and I did not freak out. I conquered my fear of cutting myself. Today, I really know that I can do a raw lifestyle. The coconut gave me confidence.
I made a kind of pad-thai dish. I sliced the coconut meat very thin, and I added it to mung bean sprouts, red bell pepper, mushrooms, green onion, basil, cilantro and a sauce (coconut water, lime, srirachi, sesame seed oil, tamari, 1 large clove of garlic. It was simple and good. I served it on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce.

I spent more money than I intended to, but I bought myself a new juicer. I really wanted a juicer that would take whole foods, so I would not have to continue chopping all my foods for the juicer.  The chopping was discouraging, and I was not juicing as often as  I should.  I should be juicing everyday, but I've been juicing one a week if I had the energy.

The prep time for juicing was at least 45 minutes with my old juicer; I had to chop everything, so it would fit down the juicer’s chute. With the new juicer, all I had to do was wash everything and cut an apple in half (I had a gianormous apple). Plus, the new juicer gave me more juice for the fruit & vegetables I put inside of it. I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment