Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Perceptions About Raw Food

Nicole after a 2 hour walk
The photos I have included are my cashew pate I made last night, and what has happened just today.


I watched a YouTube video of this woman who declared that she will be 100% raw for the next 30 days. That is way too much pressure for me. It is the all of nothing mentality. For me, it is hard to be 100% raw. It is hard for me to be 100% of anything except 100% human. It took Dr. Doug Graham 10 years to become raw. All I can do is be the best me I can be for each new day. I am taking it one day at a time, and doing my best to not give up five minutes before the miracle.

Cashew Pate
Two years ago, I thought the raw food people where crazy. It seemed insane to me to eat uncooked fruits and vegetables even though eating cooked vegan foods seemed like a normal choice, or rather something sane to try.

breakfast
Nicole eats pineapple
After about a year of the vegan food, I started to think about what exactly is this faux-meat that I am eating. I started noticing that the foods that I was eating came out of a package. I began to think, “How good could eating this package food be for me?” I wanted to eat fresher. I started checking out the “CRAZY” raw foodist. The arguments that I listened to started to make sense, but still I couldn’t see myself subsisting on just raw foods. What about my bread, crackers, tortillas, tofu, veggie dogs & veggie patties, and granola? I love that stuff. I need that stuff.

Now, I am becoming raw because I believe that this diet will allow my body to heal, and allow me to receive the gift of health. It is just strange how our perceptions can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment