Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Glaucoma Message

Green Juice is great for the eyes
I watched a video today that interview Dr. Bernie Siegel. He believes that our minds can help us heal. He calls it self-induced healing. Here are a few pearls of wisdom I got out of the 30 minute interview:



• You don’t have to like everyone, but you can love them.

• We have to see ourselves as the child, and love that child within.

• Listen to others and realize that we are all wounded.

• The curse becomes a blessing.

• Kill with kindness and ferment with tenderness.

I’ve been feeling scared really, really scared about going blind. I’ve been wondering why this happening to me? My family, my friends don’t seem to grasp the fact that I actually have vision loss. People think glaucoma is a joke; it is not; it is the leading cause of blindness.

I am also worried because I’ve run out of my medication, my prescription has expired, and I do not have health insurance. Out of the fear, I’ve been scrambling for a job, any job, so I can get the health benefits. Then I realized, I’ve been causing myself a lot of stress over something that has not occurred yet, over something that may not occur. The main thing I have to do is get out of grad school. The job will follow.

As for my health, I have a referral through Prevent Blindness America, so I can see a doctor and get my prescription refilled.

What can I do in the mean time? I can exercise, lower my stress levels, maintain the vegan diet, and strive for the raw whole fruits and vegetables diet. I can read about holistic ways to heal the eyes. I can practice some of the holistic techniques. I can watch my thoughts, and attach my consciousness to the positive thoughts. I can believe that I will maintain my vision.

How do I see the vision loss as a blessing? I need to change my thought about it. It is not vision loss, but maintenance of vision.

Please get your eyes checked on a regular basis even if you do not have a vision problem. Glaucoma can affect anyone, but it is most common in the elderly and in African Americans. If you need help getting a glaucoma screening please go to Prevent Blindness America website. There you can apply for a free referral to an ophthalmologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment