Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goodbye to Rice

My Raw Food Journey Starts August 21, 2010


I am addicted to rice. Today, I ate rice. I rationalized eating it because there is not any fresh food in the house. I have not gone shopping to get my produce. I have to wait until tomorrow.


Now, I feel lethargic and tired. I feel full, and I need to take a nap. There is a constriction in my throat and heaviness in my chest and belly. The rice filled me all the way to my throat. I am yawning. My eyes are water. I cannot concentrate. I just want to lie down and take a nap.

Several times while writing this observation my mind spaced out. I caught myself with my fingers on the keyboard not moving, and my eyes just staring at the white screen with little black squiggles on it.

I know the lethargy is coming from my body having to process the rice. Before I ate rice, production was happening. My little office was busy, and my mind was buzzing. I did an excel tutorial. I wrote down ideas for videos, and ideas for blog post. I paid some bills. I went through the mail. I need sugars from fruit, and I do not need sugar from the starchy cooked foods.

Yesterday, I ate twice as much food, but it was fresh greens, fruits and vegetables. I even drank less water, and I was hyped all day. By the time bedtime came, I had the lights on, and I finished reading Dr. Doug Graham’s book, The 80/10/10 Diet (I'll write more about this book in later posts).

What I am learning is that I cannot eat cooked food in the middle of day or for that matter at all. It is dragging my system down. Cook food is causing me to expend a lot of my body’s energy just to digest it. This is energy I could use in different ways. I could have used this energy to send out more vibrations for my life intention. Instead, I am trying to keep my eyes open.
My Raw Food Journey Starts August 21, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment