Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

What I learned

Since I am beginning the raw diet, I have to let myself have the fat. I need the avocado, the nuts, and the olives to make it through the day. Each day, I need to have one or two of those items to not fantasize about eating cooked food.


After school tonight, I imagined myself pulling into Taco Bell and getting a bean burrito with no cheese. I’m lucky that my drive home is 45 minutes. It gave me an opportunity to think about my dinner and focus. I told myself that I cannot have cooked food. I need to make through this day.

I started thinking about a salad. I thought about the salad I had last night, and it was not so delicious. Then I heard it—a little voice. It told me to make one of my salads with all my favorites. I just needed to make it home without detouring.

When I got home, I pulled out the romaine, cucumber, some radish, 3 green onions, olives, lime, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tomato, some fresh dill, some clover sprouts, capers, avocado and cashews. I did sprinkle a little salt and fresh cracked black pepper over the chopped tomato and cucumber. I also sprinkled some raisins, a little cayenne pepper, and a little paprika over the entire salad.

It was satisfying. I ate three bowls of the salad.

Now, I’m sitting in front of my laptop typing with a tooth pick in my mouth. My belly is full. Until being raw is old hat, I need the fats. I need to work to 80/10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment