Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Preparation for Raw Vegan Lifestyle—Cleaning the Kitchen

My Raw Food Journey Starts August 21, 2010


Today, I felt the need to clean my kitchen. I want to start fresh when Saturday August 21 comes. I thought it was going to be a five minute job. It took me an hour from beginning to end to clean the kitchen.

First, I started cleaning the refrigerator. I took all the food and condiments, except for those things in my brother’s meat draw, out of the refrigerator and set them on the counter and table, so that I could sort through them. I needed to decide which condiments I will keep. I kept all of my mustards even though they are not officially raw. I kept my soy sauce, flaxseed oil (I don’t know why I kept that because I used Flaxseed oil twice in a year), Srirachi, and the toasted sesame seed oil. I know the sesame seed oil is not raw; I will give it away because it’s a brand new bottle.

I took all the shelves and all the draws out of the refrigerator, even my brother’s meat draw. After emptying the refrigerator, I could see all the crumbs and little food particles stuck all over the interior of the refrigerator. I was grossed out. I thought all this crap has been in here with the food I’ve been putting in my body. I squirted the interior of the refrigerator with bleach and started scrubbing with soap and water until it was clean. Then, I scrubbed the shelves and my draw. I only cleaned the outside of my brother’s meat draw.

When the refrigerator and all its parts were clean, I put the parts back inside of it. The shelves went first. I made sure that the top shelf had enough space to fit a water jug. Then I put what produce I had, and the condiments I decided to keep.

Next, I throw out all the old condiments in the dumpster outside. Then I swept and hand mopped the floor. That is right. I got down on my hands and knees with a rag and cleaned every inch of the kitchen floor.

Now, I feel of sense of relief and satisfaction after cleaning the kitchen. I keep hearing in my mind, “Get ready, prepare yourself for change.”

My Raw Food Journey Starts August 21, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment