Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bring More Food

I did not eat enough food yesterday because today I woke up feeling really sluggish. I know that last night in class, I was really hungry, so I ate a bag of nuts & dried berries, and a kiwi. I did bring food for the day (16 oz green juice, 1 banana, 2 kiwis, 1 salad with fixings, ½ cucumber, ½ tomato, 1 cup of cantaloupe, 1 bag of nuts & dried berries) , but it was not enough. I think I need 3 bananas instead of one, and a larger salad for lunch. Starting next week, my days will be longer because I will be tutoring in the first part of the day. I have to bring more food, or I will poop out.


Today, I walked for two hours this morning. I came home ate a large mango, and drank some green juice. I could barely concentrate. I tried to refrain from drinking tea to pep me up. I got hooked on the caffeine in tea this summer, and now I have got to break the habit. By 1 pm, I had to have some tea, so I made ice tea with fresh lime. It was good, but I still had a headache. At 2pm, I took a nap. I felt so tired. It could be a combination of one or all of these: my body detoxing, the heat (over 100 degree temp today), caffeine withdrawal, and not enough calories. After I woke up, I ate another mango, which made me feel amazingly better.

Before I was really into raw foods, I ate mangos, but I was not crazy about them. I found them a bit tart. I realize that I did not let them ripen. Now, I find that I like mangos really ripe. I need to be able to smell the mango when I enter the kitchen before I can eat it. I like my fruit supper ripe to enjoy it and fill full after eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment