Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Morocan Spinach

I feel fantastic today. I made more of the Moroccan spinach, and stuffed it in lettuce leaves. It was a fantastic meal. The spinach tastes like taco meat, or like falafel. I stuffed myself. It is good to have the satisfied feeling after a raw vegan meal. The mix of spices and herbs with the lemon gave my meal a savory taste, the sweetness of the fruit (tomato &cucumber) took care of my sweet tooth, and the ¼ of avocado gave me the fat I need. All the way around, the Moroccan spinach was a fantastic meal.


Wow, I just read that spinach contains lutein which is one of the phytonutrients I need to help with my glaucoma. To increase the bioavailability of this phytonutrient in spinach, one should eat it with olive oil. I did this before I even knew that olive oil would boost the spinach POWER. I did not use much oil because the last few days I’ve been heavy on the fats (nuts, coconut meat, avocado, olives). I realize that I have to slow down on the fat consumption because it is making me feel heavy and bloated. My body is naturally gravitating to foods that can help my eyes.

My body has been tired the last few days. I think that is why I was craving spinach because of the iron content in the leaves. I got some decaffeinated tea to help me kick the habit. I cannot believe that I am hooked on caffeine, but it happened from drinking tea in the morning with my brother.

1 comment:

  1. I love eating spinach, sounds like you made a great meal.

    ReplyDelete