Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sun Dried Tomatoes

My friend Dawn, one of the girls at school, gave me a bag of sun dried tomatoes.  These tomatoes are delicious.  They are lightly seasoned with herbs and salt, which makes the tomatoes taste like pizza.  I “hella” ate them.  I barely made it home with the bag.  The funny thing is that I have been craving dried tomatoes for my salads, and then “pow” the universe gives me a bag. 
Dawn is so super nice.  Since I’ve known her, she is one of the people who has supported by veganism.  Thank you Dawn.
Tomatoes are a good source of lycopene which could help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.  Tomatotes are also high in vitamins A, C, and K, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.  Also, I don't know this for sure, but I believe red fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes.  That may be an "old wives" tale, but I'll take it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!

    Stumbled upon your blog from someone's facebook link and browsed around a bit. I just wanted to take a minute to congratulate you on taking ownership of your life. It's all too infrequent that people stop talking and start acting. Love, blessings, and support to you.

    Love,
    Morgan

    PS -- I'm doing the same thing (not with food, particularly, but with life!), and writing about it, as well: www.theunraveling.net -- check it out if it's in your flow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Morgan. I did not think anyone read my blog. Thank you for taking the time to share. Peace, Nicole

    ReplyDelete