Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Juice Fast Day 4--Cleanse the Colon with Chia Seeds

According to Steven Meyerwitz in his book, Juice Fasting, chia seeds are good to use to cleanse the colon if you don't want to (or cannot) get a colonic.  Right now, I am broke and cannot spend $100 on a colonic, and I do not see myself giving myself a enema, so I'm going with the chia seeds.  I don't have to buy them; I already have chia seeds in my refrigerator. 

Do the chia seeds work?  I took a teaspoon full with 16 oz of water about an hour ago, and I have eliminated twice.  From my experience, I can say that chia seeds work to cleanse the colon, which is extremely important on a fast.  The body is gathering all the waste from your cells, and it needs to rid itself of this waste.  Because one is not consuming fiber on a juice fast, it is difficult for the body to eliminate; therefore, the body needs help.  This is where the chia seeds come in handy. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you. I am about to start a juice fast and thought that Chia seeds would be a great addition.

    ReplyDelete