Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Juice Fast Day 10--Maca Powder

Since I've been doing this juice fast, and I don't have any food in my body.  I decided that I would start incorporating maca powder into my morning juices to see if maca really works.  Maca is a Peruvian root that is suppose to give one energy if consumed.  It is suppose to regulate hormones.  I tried maca powder about four or five months ago, but I could not be consistent with it.  I could not tell if the maca was given me energy because I was consuming large quantities of smoothies, occasionally drinking white wine, and eating huge meals.  I mostly felt tired.  It seemed like I could not get enough sleep at that time. 

When I opened the cabinet yesterday to look at my food ( I do that sometimes.  I just look.), my eyes fell upon the maca powder, so I decide to put in my morning juice.  I don't know if I had energy yesterday.

This morning, I added a teaspoon and a half of maca to my orange juice.  That was about five hours ago. Since then, I've showered, checked my email, gone shopping, juiced, and cleaned up. 

Right now, I do feel motivated to write.  I feel warmth in my chest.  We shall see if the maca works. 


2 comments:

  1. did the maca affect the taste of the juice much? I have a whole bunch of maca powder and have started juicing recently, and would love to know that before adding it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. may i ask which health food store you bought it from because i'm not sure which one to go to?

      Delete