Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Juice Fast Day 3--I made a nasty juice



I thought that a juice fast would be easier than the Master Cleanse.  In some respects juice fasting is easier.  I don't crave food all the time like I did with the Master Cleanse.  I am full after I drink a juice.  I don't have to take the poop tea (smooth move).  I don't feel cold or lethargic.  All of these things are easier.

What I did not expect is that I would eliminate (poop) so much on a juice fast.  I thought that I would be constipated.  I did not expect that my tummy would gargle and grumble.  I'm not sure if it is the heat from the weather that is making me hot (feverish), or if it is the juice fast that is causing toxins to run through my body. 

Another thing that I am finding not easy is when I make a juice that totally sucks.  Today, I made a red chard, parsley, lemon, celery, cantaloupe, kiwi, apple, and pineapple juice.  This juice in theory should be delicious, but I don't like it.  There is definitely an earthy taste that I associate with beets (even though there aren't any beets in this juice).   It could be the celery mixed with the fruit that is putting me off, but what ever the cause I still have to drink this juice.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole,

    Sorry your juice was nasty. I think that earthy taste came from your Chard. Beets and chard are related.

    Best wishes on your juice fast!

    Evelyn Parham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, I've had a few of theses. Glad I found your blog. I'm on day 22 of my 30-40 day juice cleanse. I love to keep focused and read what others have to say about cleansing!!
    Thank you...
    http://www.veganrawfood.net

    ReplyDelete