Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Juice Fast Continues Day 7

It is the end of the day and a time for reflection.  I told myself at the beginning of this juice fast I would not push myself beyond my limits, and  I would set a goal for seven days.  After the seven days, I would decide if I will continue an additional seven days or stop.  The decision is to continue with the juice fast. 

There is a need to release more.  Maybe I am release more than weight?  I feel like I am release old attitudes, or thought patterns that no longer serve me. There is more time to spend examining my thoughts and my relation to others because I am not spending time preparing foods, or obsessing about those comfort items that help me numb my self to the world around me.

I dreaded this day because this was the day that I would take my brother to the Social Security office (SSI) to replace his lost card.  Who wants to spend the day ( a hot day) in a bureaucratic web of lines and numbers?  I don't.  I barely slept last night because I had the TV on (another one of those no-nos that I do when I know I shouldn't). 

I made orange juice and gave some to my brother.  Actually, he asked for it after smelling the aroma of fresh orange in the air.  My body worked on 8 oz of orange juice and 32 oz of water.  I could not believe that there was no headache, and I was relatively tolerant to the other humans waiting at SSI to take care of the business of being counted.  While we sat and waited for my brother's name to be called, I guzzled almost a whole bottle of water.  I immediately felt fresh.  My eye sight seemed to come in focus.  

The amazing part of the day was that I was able to drive in a relaxed manner without any anxiety.  I even drove on the freeway, and felt completely secure in my abilities to manipulate my car (Red Daughter).

I want to move, so I was looking at neighbors that I'd like to live in.  I got to see it before it can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment