Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Transition Tip 6--Soak Your Nuts

  First, I recommend that you eat raw nuts if you do eat them.  Cooking the nuts speeds up the nuts’ deterioration process, and they go rancid.  Hey, I’ve eaten roasted or toasted nuts just like everybody else; I have always had a weakness for peanuts, which technically is not a nut; it is a legume.   I noticed that when I ate peanuts my tummy got bloated.

You want to soak your raw nuts because nuts have a toxic coating on them that causes us to become constipated or have tummy troubles when eat them raw. 

The other day I soaked some cashews a little longer than I normally soak them.  Normally, I soak cashews for 24 hours.  I soaked them longer (almost a day and a half).  When I went to drain and rinse them, I noticed that the liquid had gelled.  The cashews released some sort of product which caused the water to gel.  I was actually shocked.  I thought, “Oooh, all this time I’ve been consuming this gel because I did not let the cashews soak long enough.  That is probably the reason I get an upset stomach after I eat nuts.”  I made sure to rinse those cashews really well until all the gel was gone.  I made creamy Cashew & Yellow Bell Pepper dressing for my salad last night, and I feel great today.  I’m not constipated and my tummy does not hurt. 

Check out the recipe for the Cashew & Yellow Bell Pepper Dressing.  Let me know how the recipe turned out for you and what you tried it with.  Message me or leave a comment. 




Cashew & Yellow Bell Pepper Dressing
¼ cup of soaked raw cashews
1 clove of garlic
1 yellow bell pepper
1 pinch of dulse
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
1 lime
¼ cup of water
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment