Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Transition Tip 1: Swap Veggie Burger for Hamburger

Transitional Tip 1 is to swap a veggie burger/patty for a hamburger.  You could look at it from the “Whole Kale” position, which is from this day forth, only eat a veggie burger.  The opposite approach of the “Whole Kale” is “Chicken Salad,” which can be defined as slowly adding fruits and vegetables to your diet while still eating small amounts of meat, or one step at a time.  Whichever way you look at eating vegan, you should keep in mind the goal of a plant based diet.  You can jump in with both feet or just get your toes wet; the choice is yours.  Both approaches will help improve your health just as eating a vegan diet has improved my health. 

You can get a vegan patty, and bake or sauté it on the stove top to create your own burger.  The patties come in many different flavors and brands.  I prefer the vegan grillers when I do eat a veggie patty.  When I first started this lifestyle, I ate them all the time.  They helped me transition.  Now, I think of veggie patties as a junk food.  The longer you practice the vegan diet the more your body will crave fresh fruits and vegetables.   You will find that your taste buds will change; you'll recognize the subtleties of flavor.  For instance, I can tell the difference between fresh and frozen corn (or any other plant food).  Fresh corn is crisp, juicy, and sweet; you could eat it cooked or raw.  Frozen corn taste like waterlogged mush with a sligt sweet baby food senation.  I can only eat frozen corn if I were straned in the Alaskan Wilderness, and frozen corn is the only thing between me and starvation.  Then, I would get down on some frozen corn. 

You can also make other dishes out of veggie patties that can help you better transition to a vegan lifestyle.  One such dish is Meatless Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy.  Check me out on Youtube making this delicious dish by clicking on the title or the photo.  It is easy to do, and it is cheap to make.  The more you practice the vegan lifestyle the less you will want to consume prepackaged products.  These products do help ease the transition from meat to meatless.  Just one step at a time on the journey to eating vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment