Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Radish Shoots the New Sprout

One of the best finds I've discovered since becoming vegan is spouts.  I first dabbled in the alfalfa sprouts.  These are the most common sprout, and also the sprout that most people have tried at least once. 
Then I moved on to the clover sprouts.  My world changed after I tasted clover.  Before the clover, I ate sprouts if they were there, but I never sought them out.  After the clover, I made a regular trip to the sprout and micro greens section of the store in search of any type of sprout I could find. 
Clover sprouts have a crisp freshness that alfa sprouts lack.  Clover leaves are a little larger, and the stems are much thicker.  I love to eat clover and avocado sandwhiches.  I also like clover in my maki rolls. 
 
One day while I was shopping, I noticed that all the alfalfa and clover sprouts where gone.  What the *&^%!!!!  I kept staring at the sprout section when my eyes saw these skinny stalks with big green leaves in a blue pouch-bag.  I picked up the skinny stalks.  I looked at the package.  I read the package, "Radish Shoots."  I read it again, but this time with feeling, "RADISH SHOOTS."  I sniffed the package, so I could get an idea of what radish shoots taste like.  They look like big , fat, yemmu, clover sprouts.  I noticed people staring at me as I sniffed the blue pouch-bag.  I felt embarrassed.  I put the shoots in my cart, and I walked away.
 
The first thing I did when I got home was open that bag of RADISH SHOOTS.  It was a science experiment.  It looked as if they were growing from some tightly bound coil of roots.  I kind of got freaked out.  RADISH SHOOTS are alive!! They Live!!!
 
I ate them.
 
RADISH SHOOTS are delicious!  They have a fresh peppery taste.  They are spicy!

Now, I cannot get RADISH SHOOTS at the store anymore.  I guess I was the only one eating them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment