Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fat Sick Nearly Dead

I did the best I could this week.  I’ve added some links that I hope many of you will watch.  The first link is the film, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, a documentary about Joe Cross.  He is a man who was overweight with health problems, and he went on a juice fast to change his life.  Cross lost an amazing amount of weight; learned how to incorporate fresh whole fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and legumes into his diet; and became an exercise enthusiast.  In other words, he went from unhealthy to foxy.  I thought he was cute before when he was fat, but I like big butts (and I cannot lie).  I like this film because it is from a guy’s perspective.  Men deal with body issues just as much as women do.    
I started out three weeks ago with the ideas of a juice fast, raw vegan diet, and adding exercise.  My plan for the summer did not turn out the way I wanted.  I have not juice fast.  I’ve been raw, but then I got down with the cooked food.  My exercise has been sporadic at best, yet I have lost a few inches.  I don’t know how much I weigh because I do not own a scale. 
A sure way to drive yourself crazy is to own a scale.  I do not need to know how much I weigh.  If I start looking at numbers, the numbers will never be small enough.  This preoccupation with numbers usually leads to obsession, and I wish to be free of obsession; therefore, I do not own a scale.     
The second link is Vegans on Parade, which is a music video (song) created by TheSakars.  It is fun and light. 
I am going to begin again.  When?  First, I must examine the reason I failed at the juicing and the high raw diet.  The basic plant based diet is not enough to take me where I want to go with my health.  It is not enough because the vegan diet I eat is a meatless version of the Standard American Diet (SAD), which really is not that great for me.  The high cooked vegan diet was good for me when I first started.  It helped me lose over 100 pounds and helped with my glaucoma (eye pressure), but now I am at a plateau.  The processed grains and their byproducts (refined sugars and gluten) are clogging my body’s lympatic system. Plus, I know that when I get most of the processed foods out of my diet the health of my eyes will improve, and I’ll release the last of this weight that I’ve been holding.
I use the fat to insulate me from others. It is time to get on the bumper cars and smash into shit. It is time to collide like asteroids gliding in deep space; it makes no sound.
Okay everyone; tell me how your week has gone. Message me or post a comment down below. I'd like to know how you are doing. Please take care of yourself.
Much Love,  Nicole.


No comments:

Post a Comment